Tuesday, October 15, 2013

A Travel to Cameron Highlands, Pahang


Since my anniversary falls during my holidays and my bf is so flexible, so we went for a local trip as a way of celebration (because we are going overseas next year! Save money). To add on, I actually wanted to have a short travel before new semester starts. This time, we choose Cameron Highlands because I never go before =)


 
The moment that I have been waiting over 4 months! What an awesome morning I have with him, we departed to Cameron after having our breakfast yeay :D

We checked in to our Hotel, Snooze right after arriving. The hotel location isn't hard to get, you can see as you passed by Brinchang town area :) The weather was windy and started to rain when we reached our first destination, Big Red Strawberry Farm.

Left : Strawberry waffle                                  Right : Strawberry lassi

There are over 30 types of Strawberry foods/drinks for you to choose and the prices quoted are also reasonable. The service is good and satisfactory. From the survey I'd done, I found that strawberry float and strawberry lassi are recommended drinks. However, for both my bf & me, strawberry lassi is okay only, nothing special. The strawberry waffle tasted nice but we are too full because we took our lunch before coming here. So, I wasted 2 bites @@ I leave the strawberry float for next visit then :) You may try strawberry fondue too (look nice!) at RM16++.


The reason why I chose Big Red Strawberry Farm is because it is the recommended strawberry farm among all. The entrance is free too. Raining somehow did not cause us headache because the farm is cover by the transparent roof top.

Our next station is Time Tunnel Museum. 

I realise that many people around me who went Cameron before have never been to this museum. It is a must visit museum if you go Cameron. The entrance fee is RM5 per adult. I would say that the visit worth the price =)Like the name itself, the old stuffs there bring you to several years back and remind you of those times.

The old cash register. I wonder how and where the owner got this from.

Have you ever wonder why the Darlie toothpaste called 黑人牙膏 (Black man toothpaste) in Chinese while the face is not black at all but white? I was wrong! The old Darlie toothpaste image is actually black in face.

Originally we planned to visit Boh Tea Plantation next but due to the rain issue, it's okay we moved to Lavender Farm. We are lucky that we can experience a full growing of lavender because it is a seasonal plant.

By the time we arrived at the farm, the rain was only drizzle. This is again not an issue because the farm is covered by the roof top as well. The entrance fee to the farm is RM5 per adult. Worth! The farm is located at Tringkap and is beautiful.

Apart from that, there are other flowers too, examples are daisy and morning glory.


 
The night was very very cool due to raining. We didn't feel to visit the pasar malam after bathing but to enjoy steamboat at the shop downstairs of our hotel. The portion just fit us so well and the price is also normal.

A picture early in the morning yeay!! ^.^

God always keeps the best for us. At first, we planned to stay overnight at Gerard's Place, backup plan Father's Guest House because of the good reviews, views and rate. Both are at Tanah Rata. However, it was full house! So, we moved to Snooze Hotel at Brinchang (as what I spotted at first and he asked me to kiv). Brinchang is cooler than Tanah Rata (more like in Cameron, that's the reason we go Cameron ma! because Tanah Rata isn't cool at all). We are very very satisfy with Snooze Hotel and we decide to stay there again if we go Cameron. Then, originally we wanted to visit Boh Tea Plantation on the 1st day but it was raining so we planned to go before we left Cameron the next day. The weather is just niceeeee and not hot at all. For every place we went, we didn't need to grab parking with anyone and we didn't need to wait long when he drove.

Boh Tea Plantation is a must visit place in Cameron! The entrance is free and you'll be guided by the staffs there to see the process of making until packaging the Boh Tea.

He was forced by me, to take a picture, at Boh Tea Plantation Cafe, HAHA.

Look! The cafe view is so nice! The location is perfect to view the whole Boh Tea plantation.


Thanks baby for all the pictures you took for me, Love you!

What a pretty nice memory I have with him in Cameron 

3 comments:

Jeannie said...

Ehh I also originally planned to go to father's guest house too! and due to the same reason,we had to choose another hotel to stay. Hmm look like father's guest house is really popular among the tourists.

Pei Qin said...

Haha where did you stay? I can't feel the cool at Tanah Rata so I will still stay at Brinchang next time :)

Jeannie said...

I stayed in chua gin hotel, just near to snooze hotel. Yea will still choose brinchang as it's much convenient to walk around to some tourist spots. =)