Thursday, May 10, 2012

Melaka Wesak Parade 2012 馬六甲十年大遊行


I have no mood to study my last paper, i.e. Arabic hahha so let me just update a post. Close eye also know what am I going to update larh! (Wesak Day has just passed) :D


Amithaba _/\_  If you do not know, shall I inform you that this is a big parade which will only be held once 10 years. The floats are so much and so nice but I only manage to see some with my naked eyes. Some floats are having their meaning and you will understand if you know the story of Buddha. You don't know also nevermind I will tell you later ^^

吕氏千金…… Hhahaha.. I think I shall cut my hair too??? When we were preparing for our turn. Still long to go, need to wait the sky to turn dark! Luckily that we placed quite in front LoL..

Still remember that 10 years ago I was standing aside to see the Wesak Parade but my most attention were to snatch the sweets thrown to my area HAHAHA. This year I walked. 10 years later? I told my friend then it would be me standing beside to take care of my child who will be waiting to snatch sweets already HAHAHAHAHA.. -______- Jump to the pictures of float then (I only select some, too much, not going to show all float photos).

Front one is the image when Siddhartha (who is later a Buddha) is born.
悉達多太子一手指天,一手指地,曰:“天上天下,唯我獨尊。”
Back one? When Buddha becomes enlightened/when Siddhartha becomes Buddha.
既是,佛陀成道時……




A lot of lion clubs were participating too. Or actually they were invited? I do not know.



This is the story when Buddha was having meditation and later it rained. Then, a snake (Python) came from nowhere to cover him from behind.
蟒蛇為佛陀遮雨。





The float I like the most this year. Zen-Tea theme. 茶禪…… Build by Catholic High School.
From here and some other events organized by Buddhist Society of secondary school, I personally think that they are actually more capable and stronger than us. Why? They have to study (generally 7+am to 2+pm), tuition, co-curiculum, what's more about to participate in society activities like this? Shame that we Uni student always complain about classes [rest is given after 4hours class(the most)]. We do not go tuition. We have only few assignments & tutorials but they have homework everyday and they take at least 8 subjects! We have exam they have tests too! Now they can come out with this kind of great work, what about us? Me? What have you achieved? Complain lagi?
是不是,習慣縱容了我們,以至於 “輕鬆、該有好的待遇” 被當成是理所當然了?
Think about it..


The dragon balloon done on the spot! Awesome ain't it?



The float who got 3rd in the competition. From Cheng Hoon Teng Temple 青雲亭……
This story is about Siddhartha went out from town/castle to travel. Then, he saw illness and death.
悉達多太子出城四游,看見了生老病死。


The night view of that day. Peaceful yea?




The champion of the year. From 馬六甲中華大會堂……




The float got 2nd place in the competition. This is from Fo Guang 國際佛光會馬來西亞學會。
The Buddha (佛像) I like the most. Look most peaceful :) The deco seems like the theme set at Dong Zen Temple this year..


From MBYS. Very cute!! :D


My job of the night, hehe..


Our float. Look quite like the 1st float picture uh? 


We ended our journey at last! The lecturer standing in front of me took care of me well, also to Mr.Tan, the 2nd club advisor. Millions of gratitude! They gave me a chance to feel as a primary/secondary school student again. Naish! ^^

Xiexie. Happy Wesak Day :)





No comments: